A Summary Of How The Sniper Mortar Support Class Build Peformed During Testing [Starship Troopers Extermination]

 


Before any serious testing could be done, I wanted to show viewers how to use the C-32 Chi Hong Grenade Launcher's Halo Trajectory sight. This halo sight will enable troopers to more accurately target long range enemies. It proved to be easy to use and fast to master.


The first test run was conducted in Horde Mode on the planet Valaka. The map that I played on was the Garage/Administration area. During the first test run I came to the conclusion that the effective firing range with the Halo Trajectory Sight was about 63 meters. Targets beyond 63 meters became increasingly difficult to sight and land accurate shots with the grenade launcher.

During the stream I was able to show viewers that the Sniper has a major advantage over the Demolisher. This added hight advantage not only made it easier to fire the grenades over longer distances because less time was spent zeroing in on the target due to bullet drop mechanics, but it also allows the Sniper to get to areas that the Demolisher can't. For example, in the images below you can see that I positioned myself on top of a large wall that other classes normally can't gain access to. This mobility opens up the player to engage targets that are in hard to reach locations in the battlefield.


However, depending on the planet and map you play in, it could be hard to get a good set up to use the grenade launcher. A good example of this is when you try to play in X-11's tunnels.


Players shouldn't let that discourage them from trying this build out. If the player is resourceful and they have exceptional situational awareness, they can find somewhere to camp on top of such as shipping containers, hills, vehicles, and even a Tanker's corpse!


Overall, I think this was a really fun build that people should consider trying. This may also prove to be a nice challenge for people who are kind of bored with the game and are looking for new ways to play. You can get a lot of kills with this build while also helping the team eliminate the dangerous ranged enemies in the game.

Thanks for reading the article.

See you in the battlefield o7.

EDIT
Here is the link to the YouTube VOD that I tested this build in: https://youtube.com/live/z2kw4gBJfok

Comments