Cooldown Timer Analysis For The Grenade Perks: Are They Worth It? [Starship Troopers Extermination]


Cooldown Timer Analysis For The Grenade Perks: Are They Worth It?

Small updates before I get started with the bulk of the article.

Its been a while since my last post. I've been suffering from content creation burn out again for Starship Troopers Extermination. I want to keep making videos, but I don't want to be known as just that one guy that makes videos on this game. I'm trying to find other video games to make gameplay tips, experiments, and gameplay mechanic analysis videos on. I'm very particular about what I like, and a lot of stuff from the AAA studios are garbage. There are a lot of indie stuff, but not a lot can be made on them. Don't get me started on friendslop and slopsurvival games. Its not really my jam. I'm not sure what I'll do long term, but for now I'm doing build testing for Diablo 2 Resurrected. Check out my new playlist for it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE5lFWxwhO2E

End of updates.

On to the bulk of the article! 

Video Title: Cooldown Timer Analysis For The Grenade Perks: Are They Worth It? [Starship Troopers Extermination]

Last week on September 14, 2026 I uploaded a video where I tested out the Grenade Cooldown and Extra Grenade perks in the game Starship Troopers Extermination. Some people use these perks, but how many people actually know how much this affects the cooldown timers for each grenade in the Demolisher's kit?


In order to test this out I used an old timer add on that I had installed for Open Broadcast Software (OBS) a long time ago for another video. The test consisted of obtaining time trials for the Barrage Ability when it was paired with either and then both of the perks. 

It wasn't affected by these perks so I then proceeded to do some time trials for each grenade that the Demolisher was able to equip. Since not every grenade was able to be equipped by this class, I made a assumption that the other grenades that shared the same cooldown time would behave the same. 


Each grenade time trial was done with each individual perk and then with both equipped in the loadout. It was a little challenging for me to keep track of everything and the video ended up being super long because I had to keep booting up the training area for each iteration of the time trial. It also didn't help that I messed up some of the time trials and that some of the perks got bugged out. For what ever reason they weren't properly equipped. Its an old bug in the game which I hope to see resolved one day.

The time trial process was long, but it was well worth the effort because I now know how each grenade functions when the Grenade Cooldown and Extra Grenade perks are used in the loadout. I really like doing gameplay mechanic tests like this and its fun to run these little experiments. I hope to be able to find a different game I can get immersed in because the time under the sun for this game is coming to an end in a couple more years. No news yet on if Sony will renew the license for Offworld Industry to use the Starship Troopers intellectual property. 

If you want to see the chart I made to record all the time trials, then go check out the video that I made. The journey and process to get the information was fun and well worth the time to watch it.

Video Title: Cooldown Timer Analysis For The Grenade Perks: Are They Worth It? [Starship Troopers Extermination]

Comments