4 Predictions For The Hopper Bug In Starship Troopers Extermination

Video Title: My 4 Predictions For The Hopper In Starship Troopers Extermination

Video Link: https://youtu.be/i0ID0miE55w?si=KARiBeHE1ZFJ-jdH

The hopper bug is on the way in Update 13 for the game Starship Troopers Extermination. Its been talked about and promised to be a part of the game since early access, but as of right now its just missing in action.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this new bug can shake up the game. I have four predictions on how the bug will behave and how the player base can counter them.


I go over these points in greater detail in my YouTube video (https://youtu.be/i0ID0miE55w?si=ZTtCMXrNx79WB0Hb), but the quick run down on this is that I expect the hopper to have some kind of pounce and carry attack similar to what you see in the first movie when a hopper snatches the trooper trying to make a collect call to the doomed Whiskey Outpost.


When a trooper isn't busy getting munched on after getting spirited away from the team, they may want to test out the armor and weak points of this bug. Since its an evolved form of the warrior, I expect the armor to be the head and the pincers, but nothing else because it needs to stay light on its feet so that it can fly. When you watch the movie, the part where the turret trooper blasts the side of the hopper, you can see that it really bugs a hurt on that bug and that it staggers them a lot midflight. I assumption is that there's no armor there.

However, the weakpoint is most likely the same as the warrior. The nerve stem. Its the part where the eyes and mouth is! It will, just like the warrior point its head down and towards the immediate threat in order to protect their weak point. This can make it hard to hit them, especially if they are in the air.


The last thing I talked about in the video I mentioned earlier is that the hopper bug is most likely going to have a list of target priorities. I'm strongly assuming this is not a frontal assault bug, but more of a type of unit that cares more about targets of opportunity. You can think of it as a skirmisher, assassing, or flanker type of bug. 

I think it will go after support classes first, followed by anyone in high elevation terrain, then after that anyone who is isolated from the group, and last of all, people who are running objectives such as refineries and hive cores. 

These are all just my thoughts, but I think a lot of these could be valid gameplay mechanics that the player base will have to deal with. What are your thoughts on this?

If you want to full break down and demonstrations on target prioritization, then go watch the YouTube video.

Video Title: My 4 Predictions For The Hopper In Starship Troopers Extermination

Video Link: https://youtu.be/i0ID0miE55w?si=KARiBeHE1ZFJ-jdH

Comments